Just getting started with WordPress? Maybe you’re concerned that all of the WordCamp sessions will be over your head. Wouldn’t it be great if someone would walk you through WordPress from the beginning, step by step?
No problem! We’ve got you covered with a WordPress 101 track.
In a series of six sessions, experienced WordPress instructors will take you through everything you need to know to get your website started. They’ll demonstrate:
- Posts and pages: how to create them, change them, and format their content
- Adding images and videos
- Creating menus and adding, changing, and deleting menu items
- Themes: what they are and how to choose yours
- Plugins: what they are, how to find the right one, and how to install them
- Handling comments on your blog posts
- Configuring your administrative options
- and more!
The instructors will explain WordPress terms clearly to give you a good understanding of the terminology. You can attend any session in the track or all of them. If you’re familiar with a particular area, you can skip it and attend one of the regular sessions.
We want you to get everything you can from WordCampPhilly, and we know that it can all seem overwhelming when you’re getting started. So check out the WordPress 101 track, and get a great understanding of WordPress in one day!