As a WordPress newbie myself, one of the most beneficial things I’ve done in order to learn about and embrace the WordPress community is to volunteer!
It’s a great way to get involved, meet new friends, connect with existing ones and just overall have a great time. I hope you consider giving us a hand at WordCamp Philly 2017 as it will be great to work with you!
Important Volunteer Information
- The application period will run from July 31 until 11:59 pm August 31.
- We plan select our list of volunteers by late September, if not a bit sooner.
- At this point, we believe we will need more volunteers than last year. Please share a link to the application form with all of your friends!
What sort of tasks do volunteers perform?
Volunteers help WordCamp Philly run smoothly. Here’s a short list of just some of the roles volunteers fill:
- They arrive bright and early to help set up before WordCamp Philly begins.
- They run the registration table, welcoming attendees as they arrive.
- They distribute swag to attendees.
- They serve as room managers, guards and runners, helping keep the speaker tracks on schedule.
- They assist attendees at the Happiness Bar, providing tech support.
- They answer questions and provide directions as hallway monitors.
- They help break down after WordCamp Philly ends.
There may be other miscellaneous roles that will need to be filled as a need arises. No prior WordCamp experience is required so you are highly encouraged to apply!
The Application Form
You may use the form below to apply to volunteer at WordCamp Philly 2017.